MD Anderson Cancer Center Student Extern - Fac Mgt-PC&PF-Clinical Eng in Houston, Texas
Student Extern - Fac Mgt-PC&PF-Clinical Eng
Location: United States, Texas, Houston, Houston (TX Med Ctr) at https://mdanderson.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/9476/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Admin/Clerical Support at http://mdanderson.referrals.selectminds.com/landingpages/adminclerical-support-opportunities-at-md-anderson-cancer-center-8
Fac Mgt PC&PF 710407
Requisition #: 113002
Ideal candidate is currently in a Biomed or Clinical Engineering degree program.
Three (3) month long position. Full time, 40 hours a week.
1. Using existing TMS Pro Computerized Equipment Management Software System (CEMMS); executes physical inventory of medical equipment currently within the Institution, records, enters and corrects database.
“Active” Equipment Inventory database brought up to date and increased accuracy of data elements therein.
2. Assist in collecting medical equipment ePHI and network data, inputting data and documentation updates for departmental needs.
TMS Pro (CEMMS) ePHI & GRC data elements are identified and loaded in the database.
3. Assist in collecting manufacture Test & Calibration procedures by Manufacture / model and assist with building the electronic data reference repository per Joint Commission maintenance requirements. Will assist with associated data entry and other documentational updates as required by the department.
Departmental Preventive Maintenance (PM) electronic reference library by manufacture / model / test / frequency elements and loaded into respective repositories.
4. Assist with compiling the information obtained in #1 thru #3 and that they match TMS Pro CEMMS PM Schedule data elements to include; manufacture / model alignment for PM procedure, frequency per Joint Commission requirements. Will assist with associated data entry and other documentational updates as required by the department.
TMS Pro (CEMMS) (PM) alignment with manufacture or the Alternate Equipment Maintenance (AEM) is identified. Either of which will be clearly identified in our CEMMS PM Procedure text with references to source materials.
5. May conduct medical equipment; unpacking, assembly, electrical safety / performance assurance procedures under the direct supervision of Biomed staff as assigned.
Incoming Inspection on new devices and recorded in the CEMMS system unit devices History record.
6. Document any medical equipment technical support activities performed.
Complete history log of support activities
Executed and accounted for, within our CEMMS
Required: High school diploma or equivalent. College bound or in-college students. No experience.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html