MD Anderson Cancer Center Accounting Specialist - Investigational Cancer Therapeutics in Houston, Texas
The mission of The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public.
The primary purpose of the Accounting Specialist position is to: manage effort and salary, reconcile industry sponsored financial data, provide Principal investigator(s) Statement of Operation report, provide recommendation on financial planning, review institutional Epic data when invoicing to sponsors, and audit financial accountants when needed. Perform special assignments as required and prepares any financial, audit, or cost report for departmental and institutional use.
Account Maintenance Reconciliation and Reporting (50%)
Clinical trial contract invoicing (25%)
Clinical Research Management (25%)
· Negotiate with industry sponsors and CRO’s on new and amended clinical trial budgets.
· Develop working relationships with ICT’s Regulatory team, Clinical staff and Legal Services regarding essential documentation for supporting the clinical trials budgets.
· Coordinate with Clinical Research Finance to ensure that all pertinent information is captured for review and approval of the clinical trial budget.
· Provide finalized documentation for Legal Services and Office of Sponsored Programs to proceed with signature for contract execution.
· Complete Advance Set Up requests to establish funding accounts for clinical trials.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred: Bachelor's degree.
Required: Three years experience in accounting related activities.
Preferred: Experience obtained in a healthcare or hospital environment
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 137290
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Soft
Pivotal Position: No
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 38,800
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 49,500
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 60,200
Science Jobs: No