MD Anderson Cancer Center Administrative Assistant - Cancer Medicine - Fellowship Program in Houston, Texas
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston is one of the world's most respected centers focused on cancer patient care, research, education and prevention. It was named the nation's No. 1 hospital for cancer care in U.S. News & World Report's 2018 rankings. It is one of the nation's original three comprehensive cancer centers designated by the National Cancer Institute.
The Administrative Assistant performs administrative work, often of a confidential nature, in the Department Cancer Medicine's fellowship program. This position will provide highly responsible administrative and secretarial work. Position requires independent judgment and initiative. Requires highly organized and efficient candidate.
· Typing, faxing, photocopying, arranging appointments and maintaining complex meeting schedule, preparing/proofreading/editing correspondence, answering telephones as needed, generating and maintaining filing systems, generating/authorizing/tracking routine forms and correspondence, handling incoming/outgoing mail.
· Provides Administrative Assistance to Associate Director, Program Coordinators, Chief Fellows, and Fellows. Provides secondary administrative assistance to Program Director and Associate Program directors in additional to other program leadership.
· Assist with Academic Tuesday to include, but not limited to, monthly schedule, coffee preparation, room reservation, set up, attendance recording, evaluation, and general assistance for the education chief as necessary. Coordinates, input and review annual/weekly conference schedule for the fellows in New Innovations tracking both attendance and ACGME milestone requirements.
· Assists with onboarding of new fellows by ordering business cards, switching the fellowship phones over to the new desk and lab coats. Assist as appropriate with program coordinators during onboarding.
· Assist with scheduling faculty and applicants during recruitment season. Reserve rooms/office space and ensure that all administrative aspects are prepared for interview dates. Required to work some Saturdays during recruitment.
· Maintains communication with all DOCM department coordinators to facilitate processing og educational program.
· Provides administrative support to the Associate Director of Graduate Medical Education including, typing, memorandum and calendaring.
· Set up meeting to include regularly scheduled meetings, fellow meetings with faculty. Prepare documents or other items for meetings.
· Draft correspondence for fellowship.
· Mail collection and distribution to fellows and staff.
· Sets up annual fellow and group photo's.
· Order supplies for the fellowship break room and maintain.
· Grand Rounds back-up.
· Prepare monthly STAT transactions for review and signature.
· Track and Prepare monthly ProCard report for review and signature.
· Setup new chartfield strings as required.
· Assist in the coordination and preparation of department annual budgets.
· Liaison with the nocturnal program administration to receive timely vouchers for timekeeping input.
· Kronos timekeeping entry.
Other Duties as assigned
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Required: Four years of administrative/secretarial experience. With preferred degree, no experience required.
Required: Must pass pre-employment skills test as required and administered by Human Resources.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 133651
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Hard
Pivotal Position: No
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 36,000
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 45,000
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 54,000