MD Anderson Cancer Center Administrative Coordinator - CSO Science Operations in Houston, Texas
The mission of The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center is to
eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding
programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention, and through
education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals,
employees and the public.
- Provides planning, coordination, and implementation of administrative and operational activities of the Science Operations office within the Office of the Chief Scientific Officer (CSO). Uses knowledge and contacts to resolve issues as they arise. Establishes priorities and deadlines for completion of projects using MS Project or other software and tracks through completion. Develops and coordinates workflow within CSO and with the CAO, CME, etc.
2. Reports and Presentations:
- Extracts data (both financial and non-financial) from various data warehouses, creates complex confidential reports and prepares PowerPoint presentations. Prepares tables and charts and other documents for assigned projects. Produces reports in accordance with institutional policies and procedures.
3. Calendar/Travel Planning/Reimbursements:
- Maintains calendars for one Executive Director and two Directors and organizes materials and rooms for meetings. Arranges all aspects of domestic and foreign travel by using the institutional guidelines, databases and forms for processing. Coordinates and oversees the processing of reimbursements.
4. Document Processing:
* Coordinates and tracks requests requiring action related to faculty and scientific activities within the basic science departments and science across the institution. Reviews documents requiring Executive Director and/or CSO signature, routes documents, scans signed documents, etc.
5. Admin Support:
- Responsible for Kronos and Webschedule for CSO Operations team and those reporting to the CSO. Responsible for office functions including purchasing/Procard, inventory, mail distribution, copying, filing, creating folders, etc. Responsible for other general administrative tasks as assigned.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Required: Nine years business/management experience to include two years in a health care environment or related field. May substitute education for relevant experience on a one to one basis.
Preferred: Experience with extracting data, Preparing PowerPoint presentations and manage multiple projects.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 126905
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Hard
Pivotal Position: No
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 44,800
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 57,400
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 70,000