MD Anderson Cancer Center Animal Technician - Genetics in Houston, Texas
Animal Technician - Genetics
Location: United States, Texas, Houston, Houston (TX Med Ctr) at https://mdanderson.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/12355/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Research at http://mdanderson.referrals.selectminds.com/landingpages/research-opportunities-at-md-anderson-cancer-center-14
VP Science 710388
Requisition #: 116507
The primary purpose of the Animal Technician position is to provide daily animal care in specialized animal areas.
The salary range is min $ 26,000 mid $ 32,500 max $ 39,000.
1. 1. Routine Animal Care : Performs daily animal care and health flagging for assigned area and may assist with daily animal care for assigned area, including areas requirement specialized and/or additional training such as chemical agents, radioisotope, etc. Ensures the ventilated cage rack system and automated drinking water system are operating correctly and reports alarms or malfunctions to supervisor immediately.
2. 2. Specialized Animal Procedures : Perform specialized procedures such as routine weanings and separations.
3. 3. Facility & Room Care : Ensures cleanliness and sanitation of animal housing and ancillary areas. Ensures equipment is cleaned, made available for sanitization, etc., on the established schedule. Reports problems to supervisor.
4. 4. Documentation : Records data in the appropriate hard copy or electronic system. Ensures that data is entered in a timely manner. Records the completion of assigned tasks using the Viewport system. Insures that the correct animal identification is placed on animals. Reports any discrepancies to the supervisor. Completes all written documentation in clear and legible writing.
5. 5. Housekeeping : Maintains environment cleanliness. Ensures supplies are adequately stocked.
6. 6. Other duties as assigned.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Required: Two years of animal related experience in an animal hospital/clinic or animal research facility. May substitute required experience with completed years of college on a one to one basis.
Required: Must meet department American Association of Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS) certification requirements
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html