MD Anderson Cancer Center Cerner Applications Systems Analyst - EHR Clinical Ancillaries in Houston, Texas
Cerner Applications Systems Analyst - EHR Clinical Ancillaries
Location: United States, Texas, Houston, Houston (TX Med Ctr) at https://mdanderson.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/13036/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Information Technology at http://mdanderson.referrals.selectminds.com/landingpages/information-technology-opportunities-at-md-anderson-cancer-center-10
Information Services 710247
Requisition #: 117197
The Cerner Application Systems Analyst is responsible for providing technical production support and system administration to ensure optimum system performance and resolution of technical issues that impacts the utilization of applications/systems throughout the institution. The Application Systems Analyst provides technical expertise in defining, developing, implementing, and supporting solutions for business/clinical applications at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center specific to Laboratory Information Systems.
Application support and maintenance for multiple software applications.
• Provides application development and support for software applications related to Pathology and Laboratory Medicine.
• Identifies and resolves application issues effectively and in a timely manner.
• Proactively assesses system functioning and is able to recognize impending problems and correct them before work processes are disrupted.
• Implements software upgrades as available and necessary.
• Analyzes application needs in the laboratory and configures current applications or develops new applications to support them. Incorporates feedback from the appropriate departmental personnel as applications are configured or developed.
• Seeks input from other MDACC technical resources and/or vendor input to resolve application issues when appropriate.
• Develops expertise in the applications used in the supported departments. Becomes knowledgeable regarding the departmental work processes and the overall IS environment in the department. Uses this knowledge to ensure that systems operation contributes to optimization of work processes and patient care.
• Creates and maintains thorough electronic documentation regarding software applications and technical environment.
• Develops and enforces system standards to comply with governmental regulations and institutional Policies and Procedures.
• Recognizes the nature of system issues that arise and notifies the appropriate IS organization as needed. Facilitates priority response from the various IS organizations to resolve issues that result in downtime for end- users who are involved in direct patient care or other mission-critical activities.
• Coordinates and participates in the development of plans for contingency, back out, and recovery, as well as conversions/cut-overs.
• Provides end user application support during the hours of operation
• Responds to support calls in a timely manner, providing priority response to support calls from users who are involved in direct patient care or other mission-critical activities.
• Supports end-users by answering their questions, assisting them in using the applications appropriately, and troubleshooting application issues that they report.
• Learns and understands laboratories business needs.
• Uses knowledge of the applications to leverage its functionality to support customer needs.
Participaticipation and leadership in systems implementation.
• Leverages knowledge of current application environment in all project activities.
• Provides input into or may lead the development of milestones, deliverables, project plans and timelines to assure that application specific tasks/aspects are addressed.
• Participates in the design and configuration or development of custom input forms, screens, tables, databases, system outputs, and interfaces that meet the business needs of the customer.
• Develops and maintains the technical skills necessary for application configuration and application administration activities. Assists team members in developing configuration skills, as needed.
• Participates in identification, troubleshooting, and resolution of application and/or implementation issues. Insures follow-through on reported problems to final resolution.
• Participates in the preparation and execution of test plans and test scripts, including reiterations as necessary. Insures that results are documented and feedback is provided to responsible parties. Insures that the application is adequately tested and all high priority issues are resolved or worked around in a satisfactory manner.
• Defines and documents application technical requirements.
• Provides onsite “go-live” support.
Expertise in best practices.
• Develops expertise in the best practices utilized by the Clinical Applications & Support team, as documented in "System Life Cycle Guidelines." Utilizes industry best practices in the acquisition, development, implementation, and maintenance of institutional information systems.
Two years experience in domain, analysis, design, project management, programming or Epic software. May substitute require education degree with additional years of equivalent experience on a one to one basis or completed years of college on a one to one basis.
Working knowledge of Cerner Millennium support and maintenance, including build, test, and promotion to production.
Understanding of the business operations of Laboratory Medicine.
Working knowledge of supporting interfaces of Lab Medical Devices.
Understanding and experience in the Cerner Command Language (CCL).
Working knowledge of Cerner mPages technology and support.
Onsite Presence: Is Required
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html