MD Anderson Cancer Center Clinical Administrative Director - Head & Neck Center in Houston, Texas
The mission of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public.
The primary purpose of the Clinical Administrative Director is to provide strategic leadership directing the overall operations, finance, marketing and administration of the center. Responsibilities include all aspects of patient care, clinical operations, education, customer service, finance, human resources, quality outcome management and regulatory compliance. The Clinical Administrative Director will also develop and maintain collegial and collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders across the institution to positively impact the center operations and patient care outcomes.
- Financial Management
• Prepares, administers, and justifies the center's budget within institutional guidelines and implements the center's strategic plan in collaboration with members of the management team;
• Prepares, reviews and reconciles financial information;
• Oversees expenditures to ensure cost-effective allocation of resources.
- Personnel Management
• Directs all facets of human resource activity within the center;
• Ensures the appropriate utilization of all personnel;
• Establishes and implements plans to promote the professional development of employees.
- Clinical Operations/Service Management
• Develops, implements, and directs processes and systems to ensure effective and efficient operations in collaboration with CMD and faculty;
• Anticipates operational/service barriers; develops strategies to minimize obstacles. Recognizes and takes advantage of opportunities;
• Oversees patient care operations including issues related to patient flow, scheduling, customer service and the coordination of clinical research.
• Ensures appropriate physical resource utilization including space management and planning, asset and facilities management, and inventory control.
• Ensures compliance with institutional and Joint Commission and other regulatory agency standards.
- Nursing Leadership
• Directs the professional practice of nursing within the center to ensure optimal, safe, effective patient care and ensure compliance with professional standards;
• Serves in a nursing leadership role within the institution and the global community.
Required: Master's degree in nursing (or Doctor of Nursing Practice) or in business or related field or Graduate of a Physician Assistant training program approved by the Council of Medical Education of the American Medical Association
Required: Current State of Texas Nursing license (RN/APRN) Or Certification by the National Commission of Certification of Physician Assistants and licensed by the Texas State Board of Physician Assistant Examiners OR eligible to be granted limited prescriptive authority by the State of Texas
Required: Eight (8) years of clinical experience with two (2) of the eight (8) in a highly responsible management position over direct patient care activities
Preferred: Four (4) years of management experience
Clinical Administrative Director It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 143603
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Hard
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 0
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 0
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 0