MD Anderson Cancer Center Clinical Pharmacist in Houston, Texas
Location: United States, Texas, Houston, Houston (TX Med Ctr) at https://mdanderson.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/13241/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Allied Health at http://mdanderson.referrals.selectminds.com/landingpages/allied-health-opportunities-at-md-anderson-cancer-center-9
Requisition #: 117657
The Division of Pharmacy at MD Anderson Cancer Center strives to be the industry leader in providing premier patient-centered care, based on excellence and innovation in patient care, services, research and education. We strive to ensure safe, effective and cost-conscious medication use and to work with our health care colleagues to promote optimal drug therapy outcomes through the development of integrated, quality programs.
The Clinical Pharmacist at MD Anderson Cancer Center provides general clinical pharmacy services through coordination of the drug therapy process on a specified medical service or to a designated patient population. Other aspects of the position include participation in provision of education and performance improvement initiatives.
1. Develops and maintains a clinical pharmacy practice on assigned service to optimize the pharmacotherapeutic aspects of patient care.
2. Provides education to patients/family, health professionals and trainees.
3. Actively participates in performance improvement programs.
Employees who meet the following conditions are not required to have a Pharm D. Degree:
1) Actively employed as a Pharmacy Practitioner prior to October 1, 2006
2) Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmacy
3) Two years of hospital pharmacy practice experience
4) Completion of the Pharmacy Practitioner program.
Required: Post Graduate Year 1 (Pharmacy Practice) or equivalent clinical experience -OR- completion of the MDACCpractitioner training program and three years of experience as a staff pharmacist at MDACC.
Eligible to receive a license to practice pharmacy in the State of Texas by the Texas State Board of Pharmacy. If not licensed in Texas at time of hire, must obtain a Texas Pharmacist license by the 121st date of employment.
Board of Pharmaceutical Specialties (BPS) certification in appropriate specialty area and Pharmacy Preceptor Certificate.