MD Anderson Cancer Center Coordinator, Clinical Studies - Behavioral Science in Houston, Texas
Coordinate and manage the implementation of various studies focusing on cancer prevention, reducing cancer risks and population/survey research.
The salary range is min $ 50,800 mid $ 63,500 max $ 76,200.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
1. Project Management and Coordination:
- Coordinate and manage AIM contracted projects and work directly with clients, their staff and core facility staff. Responsibilities may include development of intervention and treatment-related materials : implementing aspects of research protocols, such as recruitment of participants, eligibility screening, scheduling and tracking of session attendance, and participant assessment; over-seeing daily management of project activities including planning, budgeting, report preparation, organizing, protocol management, and coordinating all project tasks under supervision of project investigators; overseeing quality assurance and control in compliance with Good Clinical Practice including testing databases designed by AIM staff; following a timeline; and being responsible for timely completion of project components.
2. Supervision and Mentoring:
- Supervise, train, coach and mentor research coordinators, research assistants and trainees as assigned. Coordinate hiring processes with human resources department. Interview candidates and provide recommendations for hiring, promotions and recognition awards. Complete evaluations for direct reports to meet established deadlines .
3. Administrative Research Tasks:
* Provide project updates and reports directly to the PI, Co-PIs, and supervisor as requested. Gather and organize records. Maintain study regulatory binders where appropriate. Assist with planning, organizing, reviewing, and submitting research protocols using PDOL system. Responsible for conducting literature reviews, searching and retrieving research articles, and identifying appropriate questionnaires. Provide guidance to research coordinators or project staff on revising and formatting surveys for data collection protocols. Develop accurate cost estimates for grant applications as well as contracted project requests. Provide revisions to the AIM library, and grant-related documentation.
4. Leadership Collaboration:
- Collaborate with AIM leadership in preparation of oral presentations for formal and/or informal meetings. Assist with grant application preparation, CCSG renewal applications, DFI reports, and progress reports for funding awardships.
5. Other duties as assigned.
Required: Bachelor's degree.
Required: Three years experience in area of research study or direct patient care obtained from nursing, data gathering or other related experience. May substitute required education degree with additional years of equivalent experience on a one to one basis. With preferred degree, one year of required experience.
Preferred: Lead / Supervisory, patient research, protocol experience and bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Employee Status: Regular
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 50,800
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 63,500
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 76,200