MD Anderson Cancer Center Coordinator, Patient Services - Proton Therapy Center Radiation Oncology in Houston, Texas
Coordinator, Patient Services - Proton Therapy Center Radiation Oncology
Location: United States, Texas, Houston, Houston (TX Med Ctr) at https://mdanderson.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/12361/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Healthcare/Business Support at http://mdanderson.referrals.selectminds.com/landingpages/healthcarebusiness-support-opportunities-at-md-anderson-cancer-center-12
Radiation Oncology 115100
Requisition #: 116504
To provide and coordinate all tasks associated with patient services within the radiation treatment setting; including but not limited to patient scheduling in two systems, physician and clinic template maintenance, expediting clinic flow, processing the accurate completion of all clinic activities, obtaining all lab specimens, and all other tasks as delegated by the Nurse Manager, and/or Clinical Administrative Director.
The ideal candidate will have phlebotomy experience
The salary range is min $ 28,800 mid $ 36,000 max $ 43,200.
1. Communication with patients/family and multidisciplinary teams Patient/FamilyInteraction :
Greets, orients and answers questions.
Advises patients and family members of available services.
Schedule patient visits, physician appointments, diagnostic tests, procedures, and treatments.
Assist in maintaining a safe environment for patients, co-workers, and visitors.
2. Multidisciplinary Teams:
Transcribe and coordinate physician orders
Communicates pertinent information regarding appointments, scheduling, and necessary preparations to patients, families, physicians, team members and other patient care areas whether in person, by mail, by phone, by online applications or secure messaging.
- Collect laboratory specimens such as blood and urine samples For Head & Neck ,Thoracic, Genitourinary service . Prepare lab specimen for transport, and arrive them into the lab computer system. Maintain a clear and concise record for patient log of specimen draw . Complete all laboratory patient charges at the conclusion of the patient laboratory appointment. Ensure adequate supplies are available for lab collections. Keeping the lab clean, and in a organized manor .Providing the highest quality of care to our patients .
- Provides high quality services, processes, programs and products while consistently seeking ways to improve outcomes and enhance service.
5. Record Maintenance:
- Prepares and maintains appointment templates and/orpatient records electronically and/or manually as directed.
* Updates relevant patient information in order to maintain an accurate patientrecord.
* Responsible for the security and confidentiality of patient information at alltimes.
* Handles and processes a complex and varied series of documents and situations.
* Notifies appropriate personnel of patient arrival and status, via Mosaiq andCARE/OneConnect.
* Schedule patient visits, physician appointments, diagnostic tests, procedures,and treatments. Reconciles appointments in both Radiation Oncology schedulingsystems.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Required: Three years of relevant work experience. May substitute additional education for required experience on a one to one basis.
Preferred: Phlebotomy experience.
Required: Must pass pre-employment skills test as required and administered by Human Resources.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html