MD Anderson Cancer Center Data Analytics Specialist in Houston, Texas
The mission of The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public.
Provide critical research and analytical expertise to advance office and institutional faculty diversity, equity and inclusion goals. Use a variety of techniques to collect, store, and analyze large datasets for stakeholder understanding, including reports and visualizations. Manage budget planning and financial process for the office and reconcile accounts monthly.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Data Collection, Research and Knowledge
Works with data in various ways throughout the data pipeline, including data mining, data management, statistical analysis, and data presentation. Shares insights with stakeholders through compelling visualizations and reports to help tell the story in the data.
• Use historical and current data from multiple sources to describe the present state by identifying trends and patterns. In addition, this position shares insights with stakeholders through compelling visualizations and reports to help tell the story in the data.
• Develop key indicators and tracking outcomes, including collection of relevant data, trends and benchmarks, processing data, data analysis, and data visualization.
• Data mine internal and external sites, including converting raw data into usable and manageable format, preparing data for storage and analysis.
• Design and implement databases, spreadsheets and dashboards that allow easy access to data.
• Analyze raw data for insights and trends and use various tools and techniques to help drive office and institutional decision-making.
• Perform statistical analysis to create insights from the data.
• Use findings from descriptive analytics to further investigate trends, including identifying anomalies in the data, identifying data related to the anomalies and analyzing data to find relationships and trends to explain anomalies.
• Conduct research and designs instruments to support decision-making.
• Provide data, conduct literature research and synthesize information for publications, presentations, grants, and awards.
This position will leverage data analytics to improve efficiency, effectiveness and quality of faculty diversity, equity and inclusion efforts in the office and institution. Collaborates with others internally and externally to collect, analyze and report data. Serves as subject matter expert and as team lead when needed.
• Prepare data for keynote and invited presentations.
• Prepare data for annual report and other internal and external ad hoc reports as needed.
• Prepare data for internal and external FDEI website.
• Serve as administrative backup for the Award Management Tool and assist in preparing update files for upload into the online software program.
This position manages annual financial and budget process for the office.
• Develop and monitor financial tracking systems to ensure compliance with and consistency of timelines for budget and fiscal reconciliation.
• Reconcile, monitor and provide status of income and expenditures of all accounts on a monthly basis to ensure operating budgets are within 5% of approved budget.
• Work with HR to submit budget.
• Provide well-rounded understanding of office fiscal needs and opportunities
Required: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Statistic, Healthcare Administration or related field.
Preferred: Master's degree in Business Administration, Statistics, Behavioral Sciences, Healthcare Administration or related field
Required: Five years' experience in data analysis. With preferred degree, three years' experience in data analysis.
Preferred Experience: Five years of experience in data analytics, preferably in academic medicine or science.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 139690
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Hard
Pivotal Position: Yes
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 68,400
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 85,500
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 102,600
Science Jobs: No