MD Anderson Cancer Center Donor Operations Supervisor in Houston, Texas
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
• Responsible for the daily collection activities at mobile, fixed, and other collection sites including but not limited to operations and administration, equipment, supplies and vehicles used in the recruitment, screening, phlebotomy, and post-phlebotomy of blood donors.
• Ensure blood and blood component collection goals are met.
• Take lead role in completion of assigned projects.
Quality Assurance/Quality Control
• Work with the Quality Unit to ensure regulatory preparedness at all times.
• Participate in the development, coordination and implementation of policies and procedures.
• Perform procedures and maintain accurate documentation in compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practice and accreditation agency standards, (FDA, AABB, CAP and CLIA).
• Document deviations and assist in the investigation of the cause and any required corrective actions.
• Participate in the development and implementation of quality/ process improvement projects.
• Perform supervision duties including but not limited to training, orientation, scheduling, competency assessments and performance evaluations.
• Supervise personnel in organizing and prioritizing activities to maximize collections, donor retention, and customer service.
• Serve as an operational and technical resource for internal and external customers.
Bachelor's degree in a related science field. Four years of experience in a high volume clinical laboratory or blood bank, to include two years of lead/supervisory experience. May substitute required education degree with additional years of equivalent experience on a one to one basis. Successful completion of the LEADing Self Accelerate program may substitute for one year of required supervisory or management experience. Must pass pre-employment skills test as required and administered by Human Resources. It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 151834
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
Work Week: Day/Evening, Days
Fund Type: Hard
Work Location: Onsite
Pivotal Position: No
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 45,500
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 57,000
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 68,500
Science Jobs: No