MD Anderson Cancer Center Faculty Advisor in Houston, Texas
The mission of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center (MD Anderson) is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public.
The primary purpose of the Faculty Advisor position is to provide support and education to the faculty, the academic departments, and other peripheral departments for all faculty actions. This includes but not limited to processing activities related to recruitment, promotions, annual appraisals, non-renewal of appointments, retirement and annual memorandum of appointments.
New Faculty Onboarding Support
• Process all levels of faculty appointments by coordinating with MD Anderson administrative offices, when appropriate. These offices will include but will not be limited to VISA office, Medical Staff and Credentialing Services (MSCS), and Employee Health.
• Work with academic departments and administrative offices in researching and preparing appropriate faculty appointment offer letters (including benefits, resources, and applicable pre-appointment contingencies) that are consistent with the request of the department and the background of the faculty candidate(s) in question, giving further consideration to institutional policies and guidelines.
• Gather all pertinent appointment information and develop offer packages tailored specifically to the elements of the appointment. Appointment types may include full-time faculty appointments, part-time faculty appointments, visiting faculty appointments, faculty transfers, modified service appointments, Emeritus/Emerita appointments, joint appointments, and faculty reappointments.
• Guide faculty candidates in tracking completion of contingencies.
• Coordinate an itinerary of appointments with the administrative offices (based on appointment type) and provide one-on-one orientation of the faculty candidate (including review of policy, training requirements, and resources).
• Generate salary analyses for appointment actions as part of an equity review.
• Conduct orientation of new faculty members including completion of new hire paperwork, coordination of check-in with sister departments, and overview of policy and procedure.
• Educate department/division administrators on policies/procedures for new faculty positions and onboarding. Conduct one-on-one training sessions as required.
• Initiate PeopleSoft data entry for new faculty appointments and reappointments.
• Prepare the initial faculty Memoranda of Appointment (contract) for new faculty.
Required: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field.
Required: Three years of business, administration or financial experience. May substitute required education degree with additional years of equivalent experience on a one to one basis. With substitution must have three years of faculty related work at MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Preferred: Recruitment experience in Higher Learning environment.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 138852
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Hard
Pivotal Position: No
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 52,000
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 65,000
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 78,000
Science Jobs: No