MD Anderson Cancer Center Imaging Library Representative / M-F 1p to 8:30p in Houston, Texas
The mission of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public.
SHIFT / HOURS / LOCATION: MONDAY TO FRIDAY - 1PM TO 9:30 / 100% ONSITE
The primary purpose of the Image Library Representative position is to upload and digitize various digital and analog media into the Picture, Archiving and Communication System (PACS) for interpretation, comparison and storage. Access PACS storage, and copy images to CD-ROM, film, etc. Have a working knowledge of procedure modalities and imaging software to extract images from one media to the other.
• Courtesy: Is respectful and courteous to each other at all times; Gives full attention to others minimizing distractions; Does not gossip or air frustration inappropriately; Uses a respectful I professional tone of voice
• Friendliness/Teamwork: Promotes and rewards teamwork and inclusiveness; Is sensitive to the concerns of our patients and our co-workers; Expresses awareness of others' experiences and views; Listens to patients and coworkers' needs and empathizes with them; Is aware of and respects individual differences, such as age, gender, ethnicity, physical ability, sexual orientation, religion, culture, background, and experiences; Demonstrates collegiality to others in an effort to create a cooperative and collaborative environment
• Reliability: Promotes and adheres to MD Anderson's Standards of Conduct in addition to all applicable institutional policies and procedures.; Communicates time expectations for tests, procedures, or service arrival, or project deliverables to patients and coworkers; By his/her actions, creates an environment of trust; Adheres to attendance policy by timely reporting to work and returning from breaks; Admits when wrong, apologizes and takes steps to resolve a situation
• Safety: Notices a safety concern and brings it to someone's attention; Models safe behavior (wears badge, washes hands, keeps work area clean and orderly); Mitigates risk to the institution through sound business practices; Demonstrates ethical and personal responsibility in work and behavior
• Re spo nsivenes s : Encourages learning, creativity, and new ideas; Responds to requests from others in a timely manner; Offers help before being asked; Provides help to patients and coworkers that may be outside of job responsibilities (does not say, "It's not my job."); Looks for new and better ways of doing things
• Personal Leadership/Self-Initiative : Helps others to identify and solve problems; Seeks personal growth and enables others to do so; Leads by example; Actively encourages others to contribute ideas; Holds self and others accountable for practicing our values
Evaluate and properly format all outside imaging stud ies for clinical use. Has a general understanding of topographical anatomy.
Validate and is familiar with all clinical imaging modalities for the proper distribution of studies through Diagnostic Imaging's information systems (e.g. RIS, PACS).
Coordinate the appropriate sequencing of all mammography film hanging protocols for radiologist
Collaborate with multidisciplinary care centers to optimize the urgent and routine flow of patient outside imaging studies.
Facilitate the delivery and purge of outside imaging studies in accordance with departmental policy.
Provide direct patient assistance through the release of imaging studies and signed clinical reports.
Collaborate with MD Anderson's legal department to format and distribute imaging studies for legal firms or subpoenas requesting patient medical information.
Greet and communicate effectively with patients, family members, faculty, and other staff upon arrival to the Release of Medical Information offices located in the Main hospital and ACB.
Responsible for the security and confidentiality of patient information at all times.
Other duties as assigned.
• IC - Team with Others:
o Encourage collaboration and input from all team members;
o Value the contributions of all team members; and
o Balance individual and team goals
• IC- Self-Motivation:
o Set high standards of performance;
o Pursue goals with energy and persistence; and
o Drive for results and achievement.
• IC - Oral Communication:
o Express ideas clearly and concisely in groups and one-to-one conversations; and
o Create an environment with open channels of communication.
o Show consistency among principles, values, and behavior.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred: Associates Degree or Bachelor's Degree.
Preferred: Certified PACS Associate (Technical or Clinical)
Required: Three years of PACS, HIM, or general administrative experience.
Preferred: Experience with imaging software and equipment, and has a general understanding of topographical anatomy.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 154644
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
Work Week: Days
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 31,200
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 37,200
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 43,200
FLSA: non-exempt and eligible for overtime pay
Fund Type: Hard
Work Location: Onsite
Pivotal Position: No
Referral Bonus Available?: No
Relocation Assistance Available?: No
Science Jobs: No