MD Anderson Cancer Center Inpatient Phlebotomist - (TMC, Sat. & Sun., 5:30AM - 5:30PM, 24/hrs) in Houston, Texas
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston is one of the world's most respected centers focused on cancer patient care, research, education and prevention. It was named the nation's No. 1 hospital for cancer care in U.S. News & World Report's 2021-2022 rankings. It is one of the nation's original three comprehensive cancer centers designated by the National Cancer Institute.
Performs phlebotomy procedures in a competent manner
· Demonstrates competency via direct observation and assessment for the following phlebotomy procedures:
o Central Venous Catheter Blood Collection
o Arterial Puncture
o Blood Culture Collection for Bottles and Isolator Tubes
o Bleeding Time
o Isolation Room Procedures
o Age Specific Skills
· Completes assignment without undue reliance on others.
· Achieves productivity standard of the section.
· Assists with problem solving.
· Attends continuing educational programs.
· Assists with the training of new hires and students
Adheres to applicable policies, procedures, and protocols
· Performs all phlebotomy procedures in accordance with the section's procedure manual.
· Accurately identifies patient and collects the correct specimens.
· Maintains specimen integrity by collecting and transporting specimens in a timely manner.
· Completes records (electronic and paper) and files as appropriate.
· Assists co-workers as required.
Complies with all safety policies
· Assists in ensuring a safe environment for patients, co-workers, and visitors.
· Utilizes all equipment and supplies in a manner that ensures safety to patients, co-workers and self.
· Wears protective attire and personal protective equipment in accordance with regulatory, institutional, and divisional requirements.
· Participates in all required safety training.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred: Associate's degree from a Medical Laboratory Technician Program or completion of a specialized phlebotomy training program.
Required: Completion of a MD Anderson phlebotomy internship or six months of phlebotomy experience in a clinical laboratory. With preferred education, only three months of phlebotomy experience in a clinical laboratory required.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 165618
Employment Status: Part-Time Benefits Eligible
Employee Status: Regular
Work Week: Weekends
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 41,500
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 52,000
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 62,500
FLSA: non-exempt and eligible for overtime pay
Fund Type: Hard
Work Location: Onsite
Pivotal Position: Yes
Referral Bonus Available?: No
Relocation Assistance Available?: No
Science Jobs: No