MD Anderson Cancer Center Instructional Designer in Houston, Texas
Instructional Designer - 8am - 5pm
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Curricular Product Development • Apply knowledge of instructional design in the support of faculty, educators, and learners.
• Maintain proficiency in existing and emerging education science, technologies and clinical applications, including basic theory, design, and implementation.
• Conducts needs assessments to identify and address gaps and opportunities.
• Leads the development of curricular products that meets stakeholder needs and allows for program evaluation.
Evaluation Design • Leads in the evaluation of learner performance before, during, and after learning experiences.
• Works with clients, other TIPS Education Center staff, content experts and reviewers, and target audience representatives to develop and evaluate courses with a focus on continually updating and improving learner knowledge
Project Planning and Coordination • Consults with clients to design, pilot, and implement courses/programs to include scheduling, enrollment, and course evaluation.
• Works with clients, other TIPS Education Center staff, content experts and reviewers, and target audience representatives to develop and evaluate courses to continually update and improve courses
• Independently, or as part of a team, assist faculty, educators, and learners in the utilization of education resources.
Education Required: Bachelor's degree.
Experience Required: Three years of experience analyzing, developing, designing, implementing, and evaluating training programs and/or delivering application training. May substitute required education degree with additional years of equivalent experience on a one to one basis.
Experience Preferred: CHES certification (Certified health education specialist) and/or experience as a health education specialist. Experience in oncology, healthcare or community-based education.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 152972
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Soft
Work Location: Hybrid Onsite/Remote
Pivotal Position: No
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 71,000
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 89,000
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 107,000
Science Jobs: No