MD Anderson Cancer Center Medical Assistant - Urgent Symptoms Clinic in Houston, Texas
The mission of The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public.
The primary purpose of the Medical Assistant position is to provide patient care and customer service assistance to the ambulatory care patient, as delegated, and support daily operations of the center.
Hours of clinic operation will be 8:30am - 10:30 pm. This position will be required to work hours during the day, evening, and potentially nights.
· Responsibilities include completion of routine patient care assignments as delegated
· Accurately record vital signs and other data, report abnormalities to nursing staff
· Collects laboratory specimens and performs laboratory wave testing (i.e, glucose, Hgb A1C, EKG)
· Aids in completion of activities of daily living, mobilization, greeting, rooming, and vital signs.
· Maintains environment in a clean, safe, and orderly manner
· Stock and maintain unit and patient care supplies and equipment.
· Escalates significant events and concerns regarding patients and their care to appropriate nursing staff
· Responsible for the security and confidentiality of patient information at all times
· Timely processing and rooming of all patients after registration
· Inform nurses when patients have been roomed
· Update "wait time boards" every 30 minutes.
Other Duties as Assigned.
Required : High school diploma/equivalent.
Required : One year of medical assistant experience.
Preferred : Graduate of an approved Medical Assistant program or US Military medical services training program. With preferred degree, no experience is required.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 163671
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
Work Week: Day/Evening, Evening/Night
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 41,500
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 52,000
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 62,500
FLSA: non-exempt and eligible for overtime pay
Fund Type: Hard
Work Location: Onsite
Pivotal Position: Yes
Referral Bonus Available?: Yes
Relocation Assistance Available?: No
Science Jobs: No