MD Anderson Cancer Center Occupational Therapist in Houston, Texas
Patient Assessment (25%):
· Assess patients' needs by selecting and performing appropriate assessment tools including protocols and procedures aligned with evidence based practice and minimum data set.
· Develop & revise interventions, programs as needed to achieve positive outcomes.
· Identify patient/family communication style. Seek alternate forms of communication with patients, family &/or staff when necessary
· Identifies and implements appropriate outcome measures for patient population to track functional changes and outcomes at initial evaluation and follow up treatments.
Patient Treatment/Quality (20%)
· Identify and initiate evidence based occupational therapy interventions which result in improved/maintained patient functional status
· Provide patient and family teaching and education
· Demonstrates proficiency in timely, efficient and appropriate ordering of DME
· Delegates and supervises appropriately occupational therapy assistants and rehab techs, including required documentation per Practice Acts.
· Effectively responds to emergencies and / or unsafe situations
Patient Care Documentation (25%)
· Documentation is concise, logical and uses appropriate and approved grammar, spelling and abbreviations.
· Documentation supports billing including Gcodes.
· Completes all documentation per timeline outlined in department policy and as required to optimize patient care and flow.
· Captures charges in accordance with departmental policy
· Documentation integrates and synthesizes all objective data and supports current clinical picture.
Professional Behaviors & Teamwork (15%):
· Functions effectively as part of an interdisciplinary team
· Communicates clinical and logistical information in a timely manner using effective written and verbal communication.
· Demonstrates initiative with all department and institutional policies and procedures and is compliant with timelines when indicated.
Patient Care Workload (15%):
· Meets targets for volume of billable
· Effectively manages workload to balance completion of consults and treatments.
· Effectively initiates communication with supervisor/peers to assist with patient care when there is a need, such as for priority patients in the inpatient and/or outpatient area, as clinically appropriate
Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree from an accredited school of Occupational Therapy.
Current license to practice Occupational Therapy in the State of Texas issued by Executive Council of Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy Examiners. Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification (CPR).
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html