MD Anderson Cancer Center Patient Escort in Houston, Texas
The shift for this position is 2:45pm-1:15am.
The mission of The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public.
The primary purpose of the Patient Escort position is to transport patients, specimens, shrouded bodies of deceased patients to the morgue and medical records/film safely and efficiently throughout the institution, as well as rounding up and maintaining all department equipment. The escort is required to provide and display professional and courteous customer service and demeanor.
The first four weeks of employment will be spent in a training class on the day shift. Upon completion of training, one of three shifts will be assigned: days, evenings, or nights. All three shifts require working rotating weekends and holidays.
I. Patient Care:
· Transport patients, specimens, expired patients, medical records, and films safely and efficiently throughout the institution.
· Assist clinical staff with safely moving patients to and from beds, wheelchairs and stretchers.
· Meet and follow productivity standards and compliances set forth by department.
· Treat patients with care, discovery, and integrity.
II. Equipment Care:
· Ensure equipment is properly working prior to and after usage; promptly remove damaged and/or broken equipment from patient care areas; properly tag equipment for repair; provide and stage key areas with requested number of stretchers and wheel chairs for daily operations.
· Responsible for rounding up and cleaning equipment with the proper disinfectant prior to and after each usage; return equipment to the appropriate storage location.
· Maintain a working knowledge of the equipment needed to transport patients.
· Effectively use all technical tools; to receive and successfully complete transports and requests.
III. Certification and Training:
· Attend and complete annual training programs, such as the Employee Educational Event (EEE), Hand Hygiene, Infection Control Review, Age appropriate, Customer service through the education center and the department Education Specialist; ensure current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) card.
· Complete the self-assessment; establish personal goals that align with those of the department and the institution as required.
· Participate in monthly performance initiatives to stay up to date and in compliance with the institution and the department events, policies and procedures.
Must pass pre-employment skills test as required and administered by Human Resources.
Preferred: High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred: One year of experience in customer service or healthcare.
Preferred: Heart Saver with AED, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) would be a plus.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 129962
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Work Week: Evening/Night, Weekends, Rotating
Fund Type: Hard
Pivotal Position: No
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 23,400
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 27,400
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 31,400
Science Jobs: No