MD Anderson Cancer Center Patient Services Coordinator in Houston, Texas
THE SHIFT FOR THIS POSITION IS MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY (9:30AM-6:00pm)
The mission of The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public.
The primary purpose of the Patient Services Coordinator position is to provide and coordinate all tasks associated with patient services. The Patient Services Coordinator impacts patient care services throughout MDACC.
- Patient Interaction:
• Greets, orients and answers questions.
• Advises patients and family members of available services.
• Schedule patient visits, physician appointments, diagnostic tests, procedures, and treatments.
• Confirms clinic appointments in accordance with identified unit protocol(s).
- Communication with patients and multidisciplinary teams:
• Transcribe and coordinate physician orders.
• Communicates pertinent information regarding appointments, scheduling, and necessary preparations to patients, families, physicians, team members and other patient care areas.
- Record Maintenance:
• Prepares and maintains appointment templates and/or patient records electronically and/or manually as directed.
• Updates relevant patient information in order to maintain an accurate patient record.
• Responsible for the security and confidentiality of patient information at all times.
• Handles and processes a complex and varied series of documents and situations.
- Financial Activities:
• Reviews and reconciles patient charge documents in accordance with established departmental processes.
• Enters technical charges as needed.
• May collect and reconcile cash payments as needed.
• Identifies and initiates the prepayment and financial counseling as appropriate.
- Work environment:
• Assist in maintaining a safe environment for patients, co-workers, and visitors.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred Education: 2 Year College Degree
Experience : Three years customer service experience. May substitute additional education for required experience on a one to one basis. Must pass pre-employment skills test as required and administered by Human Resources.
Preferred Experience: Experience in a patient care or healthcare administration setting.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Employee Status: Regular
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 29,600
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 38,000
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 46,400