MD Anderson Cancer Center PBS Associate in Houston, Texas
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston is one of the world's most respected centers focused on cancer patient care, research, education and prevention. It was named the nation's No. 1 hospital for cancer care in U.S. News & World Report's 2018 rankings. It is one of the nation's original three comprehensive cancer centers designated by the National Cancer Institute.
Function: Provides analytical support and specialized billing processes for Patient Business Services (PBS).
Scope: Impacts Patient Business Services and the patient population.
Essential Job Functions: Performs account analysis, maintenance, and follow-up activities and appeals on insurance, self-pay, bad debt, and charity care accounts, as appropriate. Posts payments and resolves credit accounts. Reconciles and analyzes various payments for accuracy. Tracks account statuses and reports issues to management. Generates and reconciles system generated reports, providing statistical data/trends to management. Process primary and secondary claims and late charges. Provides customer service support by resolving account inquiries, reconciling vendor invoices, and generating itemized statements.
• Must be able to address patients' inquiries via phone in a high volume call center or address inquiries with direct patient encounter
• Document all requests and inquiries clearly and completely in the billing system
• Set up payment plans and process credit card payments
• Print and mail all requests for itemized statements and claim forms
• Update weekly demographics relating to bad addresses and return mail
• Work and distribute correspondences via fax and Onbase
• Update death notice report
• Follow up on assigned work queues-missed payment plans & Self Pay (90-120 days)
• QA Collection Agencies Invoices and agency placements and follow up on bankruptcies
•Perform administrative support by mailing, faxing, emailing, scanning and documenting requests.
• Ensures PHI/HIPAA compliance
Productivity and QA
• Adheres to the requirements on the annual expectation memo
• Must maintain at least achieves on the quarterly report cards
MARGINAL OR PERIODIC FUNCTIONS:
Other duties as required
Experience Required : Three years of experience in billing, insurance follow-up, or collections in a medical or hospital business office setting.
Education Required : High school diploma
*Must pass pre-employment skills test as required and administered by Human Resources.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 130081
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Hard
Pivotal Position: No
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 34,000
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 43,500
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 53,000