MD Anderson Cancer Center Program Manager -Neurodegeneration Consort in Houston, Texas
The mission of The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public.
Strategic scientific coordinator for MDA's burgeoning neuroscience research effort. Provides leadership and direction to key alliances and collaborations within the institution and with our partners, sets priorities, timelines, and deliverables, ensures communication and coordination, and drives towards patient impact. Develops funding strategies, manages research fund allocation and reporting, creates new research opportunities, and fosters innovative collaborations.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
This key leader, and should have the following core competencies:
• A strong background in neuroscience, with direct familiarity with a broad range of topics from genomics to cellular models to systems neuroscience
• Deep appreciation for and understanding of academic research, including understanding the motivations and pressures experienced by faculty and their trainees
• Experience in leading and managing collaborations across multiple disciplines, departments, and institutions
• Experience in partnership-building across academia, industry, and private foundations
• Experience in evaluating scientific proposals and allocating funding
• The people skills and emotional IQ to identify collaborations and foster them
• Top-rate organization, planning, and communication skills
• A desire to integrate basic science into clinical practice to provide patient impact
Required: Bachelor's degree.
Education preferred: PhD or MD.
Experience: Five years of related program management experience. May substitute required education degree with additional years of equivalent experience on a one to one basis. With preferred Master's degree, three years of required experience.
Preferred Experience: PhD in neuroscience and 10 years' experience in research, grant administration, program management, and building collaborations and platforms for research across research institutions.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 139011
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Soft
Pivotal Position: Yes
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 69,600
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 87,000
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 104,400
Science Jobs: Yes