MD Anderson Cancer Center Radiological Physics Technician I in Houston, Texas
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston is one of the world's most respected centers focused on cancer patient care, research, education and prevention. It was named the nation's No. 1 hospital for cancer care in U.S. News & World Report's 2023-24 rankings. It is one of the nation's original three comprehensive cancer centers designated by the National Cancer Institute.
To assist in meeting the needs of various functions as required for the Radiation Dosimetry Services (RDS). Specific responsibilities include: reading radiation dosimeters, calculating and mailing TLD reports, managing dosimeters for shipping and receiving orders, maintaining several computer databases, and performing general duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES Read out dosimeters.
• Capsules are to be read manually using a uniform 2-minutes cycle following a standard procedure.
• All duties to be performed to meet customer expectations and designated turnaround times.
Perform dosimeter calculations and prepare reports from dosimeter readings to meet the customers' expectations, and designated turnaround times.
• Accurate data entry necessary.
• Interpret tables and graphs of data for calculation parameters.
• Assist with scanning/emailing reports to customers as needed for backup.
Manage dosimeters, associated equipment and paperwork for the mailed RDS services.
• Load blocks with dosimeters and/or prepare flat packs/phantom capsules.
• Prepare orders to customers.
• Receive orders from customers.
• Maintain computer databases associated with the for-fee service.
• Review customer paperwork for completeness
Other duties as assigned
• Assist with monthly mail out.
• Assist with special projects as needed
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Required: Two years of research, laboratory or related experience. No experience required with preferred degree.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 162041
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
Work Week: Days
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 39,500
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 49,500
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 59,500
FLSA: non-exempt and eligible for overtime pay
Fund Type: Soft
Work Location: Onsite
Pivotal Position: No
Referral Bonus Available?: No
Relocation Assistance Available?: No
Science Jobs: No