MD Anderson Cancer Center Research Assistant II - Leukemia in Houston, Texas
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston is one of the world's most respected centers focused on cancer patient care, research, education and prevention. It was named the nation's No. 1 hospital for cancer care in U.S. News & World Report's 2021-2022 rankings. It is one of the nation's original three comprehensive cancer centers designated by the National Cancer Institute.
• Perform laboratory experiments, data collection, and analysis under the guidance of principal investigators or senior researchers.
• Assist in the planning, execution, and evaluation of research projects to ensure accurate and reliable results.
• Prepare biological samples, including tissue specimens, blood samples, and cell cultures, using appropriate techniques and protocols.
• Collect, organize, and manage research data using databases and specialized software.
• Analyze experimental results, generate graphs, and contribute to the interpretation of findings.
• Maintain detailed records of experimental procedures and outcomes.
Collaboration and Communication:
• Collaborate with multidisciplinary team members, including scientists, research associates, and technicians, to facilitate the exchange of ideas and information.
• Participate in research group meetings, presenting findings and contributing to discussions.
• Assist in the preparation of scientific manuscripts, grant proposals, and research reports.
• Contribute to the drafting and editing of research publications.
Laboratory Maintenance and Support:
• Maintain laboratory equipment, ensuring proper calibration, cleaning, and troubleshooting.
• Order and organize supplies necessary for research activities.
• Adhere to safety protocols and ensure compliance with institutional guidelines.
• Manage the storage and maintenance of biological samples, maintaining accurate records of sample inventory.
• Assist in training and supervising junior research staff or students, as needed.
• Contribute to the development and optimization of laboratory protocols and procedures.
Required: Bachelor's degree, major course work in one of the basic sciences.
Preferred: Master's degree, major course work in one of the basic sciences.
Required: One year experience in scientific or experimental research work. No experience required with preferred degree.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 161843
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
Work Week: Days, Weekends
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 42,000
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 52,500
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 63,000
FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
Fund Type: Soft
Work Location: Onsite
Pivotal Position: Yes
Referral Bonus Available?: No
Relocation Assistance Available?: Yes
Science Jobs: Yes