MD Anderson Cancer Center Research Data Coordinator - Behavioral Science in Houston, Texas
To provide clinical and administrative support of the Tobacco Treatment Program and the department. Responsible for varied tasks and activities associated with the Tobacco Treatment Program and the department. The span of this position will also impact all MDACC Outpatient Centers.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
1. Patient recruitment and data collection.
- Proactively contacts MD Anderson patients who are eligible for free services through the Tobacco Treatment Program. Utilizes motivational techniques to assist patients in determining the appropriate level of service. Collects and enters the patient's data into the database including:
demographic, outcomes data, and assessment data.
2. Patient Care and Liaison:
- Schedules patient appointments. Coordinates correspondence with patients and providers. Assists with rooming the patient, including the collection of vitals. Provides support during the initial visit and follow up sessions.
3. Protocol implementation:
- Consents patients and answers questions. Collects vitals and biological specimens. Enters all data into appropriate data bases according to the individual protocol.
Other duties Other duties as assigned
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred: Bachelors degree.
Required: Two years of related experience. May substitute required experience with completed years of college on a one to one basis.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 125888
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Soft
Pivotal Position: No
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 33,200
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 41,500
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 49,800