MD Anderson Cancer Center Research Data Coordinator -Urology in Houston, Texas
The mission of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public.
The primary purpose of the Research Data Coordinator is to provide support for clinical research activities, including providing clinical evaluation, coordination, implementation, and monitoring of patients enrolled in clinical research trials, as well as data collection and maintenance of databases associated with different retrospective and prospective protocols within the department of Urology.
Clinical Research Support (Screening, enrollment, reporting)
• Performs routine screening of patients at consistent intervals. Assists the PI with informed consent process for patients enrolled in minimal risk protocols. Registers patients in institutional databases. Documents the informed consent process in the electronic medical record.
• Proactively communicates with ancillary collaborators involved in the research projects
• Provides regular status reports of all projects and database activities, including accrual trends and patients in screening.
• Consults with principal investigators and other department personnel regarding the status of ongoing projects.
• Follow up with patients during follow up visits for adverse event notation and collection of Patient Reported Outcomes (PRO's)
• Generate patient orders in electronic medical records, while following up with patients for scheduling/re-scheduling of appointments.
• Accesses and annotates study data by visually reading patient records and/or by verbally interviewing patients in face-to-face encounters or by telephone.
• Maintains accurate records, documenting all interactions with patients for research purposes
• Enters relevant clinical data into specialized databases or case report forms at designed time points
• Utilizes multiple resources to obtain patient follow-up and survival data (EPIC, social security index, medical informatics, etc.)
• Assists in the retrieval of protocol related data from electronic medical records and protocol-specific databases and prepares study reports for PI review and analysis in preparation for the development of abstracts, posters, manuscripts and grant submissions.
• Responsible for review and resolution of delinquent forms and queries generated by study specific databases, from study monitors or as a result of internal audit.
• Identifies adverse events through thorough review of clinic notes; assists the Principal Investigator with the documentation of the events related to assigned studies.
• Participates in start-up and routine team meetings, as well as other meetings and/or conferences as appropriate for the role, including departmental meetings and institution continuing education programs.
• Maintains working knowledge of current Code of Federal Regulation and Good Clinical Practice guidelines and understands clinical research policies and procedures to conduct clinical trials as noted in the Institutional Human Research Protection Program manual.
• Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills when communicating by phone, computer-generated reports and/or face to face interactions.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Two years of related experience. With preferred degree, no experience required.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 140661
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Work Week: Day/Evening, Days
Fund Type: Soft
Pivotal Position: No
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 33,200
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 41,500
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 49,800
Science Jobs: No