MD Anderson Cancer Center Research Laboratory Coordinator, Genomic Medicine in Houston, Texas
The primary purpose of the Coordinator, Research Laboratory in Genomic Medicine is to work with faculty and Laboratory Manager to coordinate the daily activities in the laboratory and of laboratory personnel.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES* • Maintaining/purchasing common reagents/consumables stocks and organizing lab supplies and equipment.
• Tracks laboratory shipments and samples with required documents at required times.
• Interacts with vendors to guarantee timely delivery of laboratory supplies.
• Drive quality, service and productivity while managing costs, and oversee the continuous improvement in all aspects of the laboratory operations.
• Ensures compliance with all regulatory and safety standards and enforces policies and procedures.
• Is responsible and must be familiar with procedures for handling and storing any dangerous or hazardous materials.
• Ensures proper storage of chemicals and biologic reagents/cells for safety compliance according to state/government regulations.
• Monitors waste collection for labs; ensures proper labeling of waste and coordinates hazardous waste removal
• Responsibility for the safe operation of the lab, interfaces effectively with Environmental Health and Safety.
• Monitor instruments and equipment to ensure timely repairs and annual servicing.
• Assists with maintaining and improving ordering data base.
• Coordinating and attending training with Field Application Specialists.
• Ensures all personnel are trained, and all training is documented according to laboratory standards.
• Serves as the point person for the laboratory with site/building services, and with other MDACC support staff
• Providing cost estimates to collaborators and assisting with project budgets.
• Maintaining the laboratory's service center account.
• Continually explores process improvement and efficient operation opportunities.
• Other duties as assigned.
With Inclusion , you understand that your ideas and contributions are valued. You promote the same for others. You address your own biases while promoting diversity and equity. (Competencies: Cultural Humility, Cultural Awareness, Cultural Intelligence)
With Drive , you see that you can serve as a leader whether you have a formal leadership role or not. You tackle problems, move past setbacks and hardships, and don't lose sight of your goals. (Competencies: Self-Confidence, Analytical Thinking, Innovative Thinking, Technical Expertise)
You demonstrate Professionalism by setting the example for others and consistently modeling MD Anderson's values and service standards. You communicate effectively in a variety of ways. (Competencies: Inspire Trust, Oral Communication, Written Communication)
Through Emotional Intelligence , you maintain awareness of your own emotions and the emotions of those around you. Use nonverbal cues and feelings to engage others in an inclusive and responsive way. (Competencies: Active Listening, Teaming, Self-Reflection)
Having Coachability means you are engaged in relentless learning. You constantly ask questions and stay curious. You understand that the organization constantly evolves, and you should as well. (Competencies: Develop Oneself, Adaptability)
Ideal candidate will have experience at an MD Anderson Cancer Center Research Laboratory and should have excellent organizational skills with particular ability to prioritize work in an environment with multiple interests. Flexibility, and willingness to take on assignments are essential. Skills in both verbal and written communication.
Onsite Presence: Is Required
Attention to detail
Required: Bachelor's degree.
Preferred: Master's degree.
Required: Five years of experience in scientific, research or clinical laboratory to include three years in a lead/supervisory capacity. With preferred degree, three years of required experience in a lead/supervisory capacity.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 163296
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
Work Week: Days
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 64,400
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 80,500
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 96,600
FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
Fund Type: Soft
Work Location: Onsite
Pivotal Position: Yes
Referral Bonus Available?: No
Relocation Assistance Available?: Yes
Science Jobs: Yes