MD Anderson Cancer Center Research Scientist - Cancer Biology in Houston, Texas
Welcome to MD Anderson's Cancer Biology department. Our department has a long history of being a leader in the field of basic and translational cancer biology research. The department emphasizes the training of students, postdoctoral fellows and clinical fellows in the fundamentals of tumor biology to improve the outcomes of patients with malignancies. The department has built a program with close ties to many clinical departments to facilitate information exchange between the laboratory and the clinic. As such, faculty in the department are investigators on NIH funded collaborative cancer biology research grants. In addition, there are several physician-scientists who have joint appointments in Cancer Biology, facilitating the exchange of clinically-relevant information between the laboratory and the clinic.
The primary purpose of the Research Scientist position is to apply technical expertise and experience to plan, coordinate, design, supervise and carry out research projects.
Research Design and implementation
· Plans, organizes, coordinates, directs and participates in scientific research projects.
Reviews Research Results
· Assigns and reviews work of subordinates, determines specific goals or objectives to be attained, evaluates resulting research data and revises techniques or approaches to work problems.
· Supervises the design, development or adapting of equipment used in experiments or research to obtain desired results.
· Plans and supervises the training of technicians and other laboratory personnel with respect to proper laboratory techniques, the use of laboratory equipment and safety procedures.
· Compiles, writes and submits reports to superior.
· Analyzes and evaluates research data and revises techniques and approaches to work problems.
· Works with the Principal Investigator on projects in the area of Structural Biology and CRISPR RNA Biology.
· Participates in adopting new techniques and learning new skills to enhance research efforts.
Other duties as assigned.
Required: PhD in one of the natural sciences or related field or Medical degree.
Required: With PhD, no experience required. With Medical degree, two years of experience in experimental or scientific work.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 149851
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Soft
Work Location: Onsite
Pivotal Position: Yes
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 55,000
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 68,500
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 82,000
Science Jobs: Yes