MD Anderson Cancer Center Senior Administrative Assistant - Genitourinary Med Onc - Rsch in Houston, Texas
- Faculty/Management Support
- Maintain and update the faculty's curriculum vitae, biographical sketch and external profile in the FIS on a monthly basis. Post current version on the GU shared drive.
· Enter faculty travel days in the Web Schedule database and include the extramural balance for tracking purposes.
· Assist the Executive Assistant and Chairman with coordination of the faculty evaluations.
· Assist the faculty, Department Administrator and Management team with completing reports as
· Maintain electronic records of faculty activities.
· Assist with orientation and training of new employees.
· Transcription of oral dictation.
- Assist faculty and Grant Program staff by researching and compiling information for grants and reports.
· Assist faculty and managers with presentations and posters as needed.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and itineraries for faculty, staff and visitors (includes reimbursements and expense reports upon completion of trips).
· Schedule meetings and appointments for faculty and managers (includes updating calendars,
conference, room reservations, A/V, and catering).
- Departmental Support
· Gather pertinent information in order to compose written correspondence.
· Format manuscripts according to journal requirements and submit for publication.
· Display a strong command of the English language (including proper grammar and verbal/written communication).
· Organize and disseminate information in a clear, concise manner.
· Maintain, monitor and reconcile financial activities (including PRS).
· Backup departmental telephones.
· Follow up on all assignments to ensure timely completion.
· Provide administrative support to the Department Administrator and the Department as needed.
· Assist Department Administrator with special projects as assigned.
· Provide administrative support to other department staff as needed.
· Mentor departmental administrative assistants by guiding career development and experiential growth opportunities.
· Assist in the development and updating of administrative systems, procedures and policies.
· Participate in advanced administrative projects as requested.
· Maintain workflow by studying methods and implementing cost reductions where needed.
· Maintain desk area by keeping it clean and free of clutter.
· Mail, fax and phone triage.
· Maintain appropriate interpersonal relationships with employees, peers, and consumers.
· Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent. Five years of administrative/secretarial experience. With preferred degree, one year of required experience. Must pass pre-employment skills test as required and administered by Human Resources. It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Employee Status: Regular
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 38,800
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 49,500
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 60,200