MD Anderson Cancer Center Senior Research Data Coordinator, Behavioral Science in Houston, Texas
The primary purpose of the Senior Research Data Coordinator position is to coordinate the implementation of data collection for various studies focusing on cancer prevention, reducing cancer risks and population/survey research. The Sr. RDC assists with the day-to-day operations including subject recruitment, identifying and monitoring the completion of project-related tasks, maintaining study-related procedures, ensuring protocol and regulatory compliance, and data management oversight.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
Data Collection and Review:
* Coordinate project activities and perform tasks including but not limited to recruiting and consenting study participants, obtaining medical release if necessary, data collection services (in person, by mail or telephone interviews), data entry, and execute study procedures according to protocol. Assure completion of all components of study, such as telephone calls, patient visits, patient interviews, and preparing study mail-out packets. Ensure appropriate completion of questionnaires throughout the course of the study and maintain necessary documentation associated with participation in the study. Ensure all data entered appropriately. Coordinate study procedures for study assessments. Schedule baseline and follow up assessments with participants. Maintain certifications and trainings needed to assist with assessments.
Materials and Procedures:
* Contribute to the development of study related materials (such as consenting scripts, survey questionnaires, and mail-out packets). Draft standard operating procedures for recruitment, collecting data, and train other staff members as needed.
Administrative Research Tasks:
* Provide project updates and reports directly to the PI, Co-PIs, and supervisor as requested. Gather and organize records. Maintain study regulatory binders where appropriate. Assist with planning, organizing, reviewing, and submitting research protocols using PDOL system. Perform literature searches as necessary.
* Travel to alternate work locations may be required.
Other duties as assigned:
- Other duties not listed above may be required.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred: Bachelor's degree or master's degree.
Required: Four years of related experience. With preferred degree, no experience required.
Preferred: Phlebotomy training or willingness to undergo phlebotomy training. Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 141310
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Soft
Pivotal Position: No
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 38,000
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 47,500
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 57,000
Science Jobs: No