MD Anderson Cancer Center Senior Research Data Coordinator in Houston, Texas
The primary purpose of the Senior Research Data Coordinator position is to act as a lead in the development of protocols and procedures for the conduct of the study. Responsible for the identification and recruitment of eligible participants with the physician and resolves any potential problems. Responsible for the completion of study questionnaires, collection of blood specimens, surgery and pathology information. Develops and maintains databases for collection of research data and controlling data flow for protocols. Maintains schedules for timely submissions of all grant and IRB data. Writes research progress reports, abstracts and manuscripts. Responsible for completion of data forms as requested. Acts as liaison with patients, families, physicians and other personnel. Maintains contact with other institutions, participating in studies and coordinates all data.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
Research Subject Management
• Evaluates patients for participation in laboratory or clinical trials.
• Assists in the collection and evaluation of data and samples from patients during in-person meeting, telephone interviews, and surveys.
• Acts as a lead in the development and maintenance of systems for controlling paper flow for protocols and hospital policies, including records of surgery and pathology information
• Maintains data entry and data editing in the computerized data base and in-house participant files in a timely manner.
• Ensures quality controls are in place for data and complies with federal guidelines and regulations
• Maintains schedules for timely collection of required source documentation.
• Facilitates tracking and shipping of biological samples collected in this study.
• Maintains study organization and preparation for scheduled audits from the institution or sponsoring agency.
• Maintains required protocol approvals and compliance with federal regulations and institutional policies.
• Maintains contact with other institutions, participating in studies and coordinates all data.
• Communicates with collaborators regarding protocol status and data collection.
• Assists faculty investigator with writing abstracts, manuscripts, grants, protocols and other protocol related correspondence
• Collects and develops criteria information for protocol submission.
• Trains other support staff in study coordination.
• Effectively conducts assigned operations of research protocols.
Other duties as assigned
Analytical Thinking - Gather relevant information systematically; break down problems into simple components; make sound decisions.
Innovative Thinking - Approach problems with curiosity and open-mindedness; offer new ideas, solutions and/or options.
Professionalism - Employee demonstrates commitment to collaborative professional relationships with physicians and all members of the heath care team.
Team with Others - Initiate, develop, and manage relationships and networks; encourage collaboration and input from all team members; value the contributions of all team members; balance individual and team goals.
With Inclusion , you understand that your ideas and contributions are valued. You promote the same for others. You address your own biases while promoting diversity and equity. (Competencies: Cultural Humility, Cultural Awareness, Cultural Intelligence)
With Drive , you see that you can serve as a leader whether you have a formal leadership role or not. You tackle problems, move past setbacks and hardships, and don't lose sight of your goals. (Competencies: Self-Confidence, Analytical Thinking, Innovative Thinking, Technical Expertise)
You demonstrate Professionalism by setting the example for others and consistently modeling MD Anderson's values and service standards. You communicate effectively in a variety of ways. (Competencies: Inspire Trust, Oral Communication, Written Communication)
Through Emotional Intelligence , you maintain awareness of your own emotions and the emotions of those around you. Use nonverbal cues and feelings to engage others in an inclusive and responsive way. (Competencies: Active Listening, Teaming, Self-Reflection)
Having Coachability means you are engaged in relentless learning. You constantly ask questions and stay curious. You understand that the organization constantly evolves, and you should as well. (Competencies: Develop Oneself, Adaptability)
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred: Bachelor's degree.
Required: Four years of related experience. With preferred degree, no experience required.
Preferred: Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 140617
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Soft
Pivotal Position: No
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 38,000
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 47,500
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 57,000
Science Jobs: No