MD Anderson Cancer Center Social Work Counselor in Houston, Texas
The mission of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public.
Provide comprehensive biopsychosocial assessment and counseling services to individuals, families and groups. Supports compliance with treatment protocols, advance care planning and assists with resource linkage as a part of a multidisciplinary healthcare team.
· Courtesy: Is respectful and courteous to each other at all times
· Friendliness/Teamwork: Promotes and rewards teamwork and inclusiveness; Is sensitive to the concerns of our patients and our co-workers
· Reliability: Communicates frequently, honestly and openly
· Reliability: Anticipates needs of customers and proactively communicates to interested parties
· Accountability: Holds self and others accountable for practicing our values
· Safety: Notices a safety concern and brings it to someone's attention; Models safe behaviors (wears badge, washes hands, keeps work area clean and orderly)
· Responsiveness: By his/her actions, creates an environment of trust; Encourages learning, creativity and new ideas
· Responsiveness: Demonstrates openness to ideas expressed by others; supports and participates in developmental efforts
· Personal Leadership/Self-Initiative: Takes initiative to identify and solve problems with others; Seeks personal growth and enables others to do so
Conducts biopsychosocial assessments using appropriate diagnostic criteria to recommend, facilitate, and implement interventions for a comprehensive treatment plan.
Uses counseling techniques, resource knowledge and linkage throughout the disease trajectory, including end of life, survivorship and bereavement.
Participates in continuity of care and/or discharge planning. Facilitates advance care planning.
Documents patient care activity in institutional electronic healthcare record in accordance with departmental documentation policy.
· IC – Self-Motivation:
o Sets high standards of performance
o Pursue goals with energy and persistence
o Drive for results and achievement
· IC – Self Adaptability:
o Work in situations involving uncertainty, shifting priorities, and rapid change
o Deal constructively with mistakes and setbacks
o Demonstrate flexibility
· IC – Analytical Thinking:
o Gather relevant information systematically;
o Break down problems into simple components; and
o Make sound decisions.
· IC – Team with Others:
o Encourage collaboration and input from all team members; value the contributions of all team members; Balance individual and team goals.
· IC – Innovative Thinking:
o Approach problems with curiosity and open-mindedness; and
o Offer new ideas, solutions and/or options.
· TC - Professionalism:
o Employee demonstrates commitment to collaborative professional relationships with physicians and all members of the health care team
o Employee demonstrates a high level of responsibility, ethical practice, sensitivity to a diverse patient population and adherence to legal and regulatory requirements
o Employee demonstrates a commitment to excellence and on-going professional development
· TC – Systems-Based Practice
o Employee demonstrates his/her impact on the system of care
Required: Master's degree in Social Work (MSW)
Required: One of the following issued by the state of Texas: Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), Provisional LMSW, Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
Preferred: One year in an oncology, hospital or hospice setting.
This position requires:
Working in Office Environment
Working in Patient Care Unit (e.g. Nursing unit; outpatient clinic)
Exposure to human/animal blood, body fluids, or tissues
Exposure to harmful chemicals
_ X No
Exposure to radiation
Indicate the time required to do each of the following physical demands:
Up to 10 lbs
10lbs to 50 lbs
More than 50 lbs
Up to 10 lbs
10lbs to 50 lbs
More than 50 lbs
Master's degree in Social Work (MSW or MSSW)'
No experience' One of the following issued by the state of Texas: Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW)' Provisional LMSW' Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Employee Status: Regular
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 50,800
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 63,500
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 76,200