MD Anderson Cancer Center Sr Administrative Assistant - Leukemia in Houston, Texas
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston is one of the world's most respected centers focused on cancer patient care, research, education and prevention. It was named the nation's No. 1 hospital for cancer care in U.S. News & World Report's 2019 rankings. It is one of the nation's original three comprehensive cancer centers designated by the National Cancer Institute.
Protocol Regulatory Coordination
Works independently to prepare research-related protocols (pre-clinical, clinical, laboratory and animal) for review by CRC/IRB/IACUC, including but not limited to initiation/submission/re-submission/termination utilizing PDOL and eResearch within institutional and departmental guidelines. Keep assigned faculty fully informed on the status of each protocol. Assumes responsibility for the effective operation of research protocols in collaboration with the principal investigator and the study sponsor. Coordinates the activities related to initiation and conduct of research-related trials.
• Understands and adheres to the policies and procedures related to the conduct of clinical trials.
• Coordination of regulatory correspondence/documents for all research studies. Independently maintain the official regulatory binder for each sponsored clinical trial.
• Communicates verbally and in writing, as needed or as requested by the principal investigator of the study, with internal reviewers or external agencies (pharmaceutical companies and /or government sponsors).
• Provides direct support to research nurse/data coordinator for research protocols.
• Coordinates regulatory correspondence on all assigned studies.
• Coordinates annual reviews for existing protocols.
• Assumes responsibility for the effective operation of research protocols in collaboration with the principal investigator and the study sponsor.
• Coordinates the activities related to initiation and conduct of research-re
Calendar/Travel: Arranges all aspects of faculty travel and occasional laboratory or research team members. Coordinates and arranges meetings, conferences, etc. Independently coordinate, track and process all types of domestic/international leave requests (extramural, PTO, etc.) utilizing Web Schedule and Concur for assigned faculty in an accurate and timely manner to ensure documents are approved prior to start of leave. Including, but not limited to, clinic absence forms, airline and hotel reservations, arranging ground transportation and coordinating with symposia organizers and industry sponsors, when applicable. Prepare complex travel agendas. Attend all monthly faculty support group meetings.
Telephone coverage is required for all callers seeking the faculty assistant. Responsible for triaging patient telephone calls to be sure that the calls are addressed with a minimum hold time without unnecessary transfer. Visitors are greeted in a timely manner after checking in. Errands, faxing, copying and printing should be done in a timely and efficient fashion, with copies prepared according to the requested specifications.
CV Maintenance and Update
• Create and maintain curriculum vitae (CV) in appropriate institutional format using institutional software (FIS). Edit and proofread document for errors and consistency. Update information on a monthly basis, including conducting online publication searches. Routinely attend training offered by the institution as a refresher on a routine basis. To include, as required:
• Other Support Page in appropriate institutional format using institutional software (FIS). Edit and proofread document for errors and consistency.
• NIH biosketch in appropriate NIH format using institutional software (FIS). Edit and proofread document for errors and consistency.
Adhere to NIH Public Access Policy, by assuring all peer-reviewed articles (from 04/07/2008 to Present) for all corresponding authors are deposited in PubMedCentral (PMC) via the NIH Manuscript System (NIHMS).
This involves -
• Opting in on author agreements for NIH grant-funded manuscripts to be added to PMC
• Responding to requests for approval from NIHMS
• Keeping copies of author's version of final accepted manuscript including all graphics and supplementary data. Once publications are accepted, these manuscripts should immediately be deposited into PubMedCentral in order to obtain a PMCID.
• Adding publications to My Bibliography and associate with appropriate grants in order to prepare for Progress Reports
• Continuous monitoring of compliance status of your manuscripts in My NCBI
Finance, Grants & Other Functions
Manage PRS development funds -- responsible for all expenditures for each faculty member to be recorded in departmental database.
Process accurate and timely travel expense reports utilizing Concur to ensure that the traveler is reimbursed promptly, including reimbursement for local business entertainment and other miscellaneous expenses.
Coordinates administrative functions associated with the preparation of grant.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred: Bachelor's degree.
Required: Five years of administrative/secretarial experience. With preferred degree, one year of required experience.
Required: Must pass pre-employment skills test as required and administered by Human Resources.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 142961
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Soft
Pivotal Position: No
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 38,800
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 49,500
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 60,200
Science Jobs: No