MD Anderson Cancer Center Sr Administrative Assistant - Leukemia in Houston, Texas
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston is one of the world's most respected centers focused on cancer patient care, research, education and prevention. It was named the nation's No. 1 hospital for cancer care in U.S. News & World Report's 2019 rankings. It is one of the nation's original three comprehensive cancer centers designated by the National Cancer Institute.
• Prepare slide presentations, requiring the use of MS Power Point software and process appropriate paperwork
• Compose complex correspondence from basic information obtained independently and route appropriately
• Arrange meeting and seminar appointments, monitor calendar, initiate and assist in scheduling meeting, arranging for conference rooms, prepare meeting agendas and ensure appropriate dissemination of meeting information
• Prepare and submit meeting minutes on behalf of the Contracts Team
• Provide administrative support to the Administrative Director and contract team as needed
• Assist Admin director with special projects; coordinating progress with team members for the group
• Maintains and reports on Alliance and protocol spreadsheets.
• Ensure research contracts database is up-to-date, perform data entry as required.
• Maintain knowledge of IRB/CRC and other regulatory requirements for protocols and deadlines
• Track CCT, CRC and IRB submission dates and deadlines and prioritize contract submissions accordingly
• Responsible for all Leukemia industry sponsored protocols new and amended RCTS award entries
• Responsible for obtaining award numbers in the RCTS database, assigning editors, uploading contracts and completing award questionnaires
• Provide assistance to PI in processing signatures in a timely manner on all documents and agreements and upload agreement them into appropriate systems for processing
• Respond to general RCTS generated correspondence to facilitate document processing between the Leukemia department, the legal department and OSP
• Responsible for completing modular budgets, in RCTS and other databases
• Request Advance Set-Ups on all industry sponsored agreements
• Responsible for data entry, update and maintain Leukemia Research and billing databases
Research Administrative Tasks
• Performs complex administrative duties. Composes formal and informal correspondence. Creates and formats presentations.
• Perform Epic patient care reconciliation for budgeted research patient care costs; interact with CRF to amend, update or revise research expenses; monitors CFS balances of research patient care contracts.
• Complete and process patient check requests and travel reimbursement requests in a timely fashion as requests are submitted by study managers
• Provide weekly reports on advance set-ups, pending and fully executed agreements
• Responsible for weekly budget meeting minutes
• Responsible for tracking agreements: Follow up with OSP on approved agreements -- track partially executed agreements with sponsors and expedite contract full execution
• Upload fully executed agreements to the department's Contracts folder
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred: Bachelor's degree.
Required: Five years of administrative/secretarial experience. With preferred degree, one year of required experience.
Required: Must pass pre-employment skills test as required and administered by Human Resources.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 145339
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Soft
Remote Work: Hybrid Onsite/Remote
Pivotal Position: No
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 38,800
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 49,500
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 60,200
Science Jobs: No