MD Anderson Cancer Center Sr Research Assistant in Houston, Texas
The primary purpose of the Senior Research Assistant position is to perform a variety of complex sample preparation and analysis procedures to quantitatively measure biomarkers of disease in a variety of human samples such as plasma, serum, and cells, using a variety of technological platforms.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Research Design, Planning, Coordination & Evaluation:
• Executes biomarker discovery assays including pre-analytical methods for LC-MS assays and immunoassays.
• Assists the Scientific Managers and other postdoctoral scientists in developing protocols for cell biology assays.
• Tests cohorts of plasma, cell lines, and tumor samples following protocols.
• Maintains clear record of all experimental work performed in laboratory notebooks and completes all documentation with clear and accurate language.
• Compiles, reviews, writes reports, and presents in working group meetings.
• Prepares stock solutions and buffers orders necessary reagents, laboratory supplies for future experiments in a timely manner.
• Performing and assisting in animal experiments (mouse, breeding, weening, bleeding, tissue harvesting, injections, downstream processing and analysis). Performs animal maintenance (safety protocols and standards, record keeping of animal inventory).
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Communication and Team Work:
• Asks critical and insightful questions to drive decision making and persuasively conveying solutions to a broad range of team members.
• Communicates with laboratory scientists, clinical researchers, and field experts extensively and understands their needs and contributes to the study designs of ongoing projects.
• Works closely with other lead scientists to execute the assays.
Other duties as assigned
Other laboratory duties as assigned by supervisor
Required: Bachelor's degree in one of the natural sciences or related field.
Master's degree in one of the natural sciences or related field.
Required: Three years of experience in scientific or experimental research work. With preferred degree, one year of required experience.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 153106
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
Work Week: Days
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 41,500
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 52,000
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 62,500
FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
Fund Type: Soft
Work Location: Onsite
Pivotal Position: Yes
Science Jobs: Yes