MD Anderson Cancer Center Supervisor, Clinical Studies - Fulltime - Lymphoma in Houston, Texas
Title: Supervisor, Clinical Studies - Fulltime - Lymphoma/Myeloma
Clinical Protocol Operations • Provide overall supervision, coordination and facilitation of clinical research activities and protocol patient care for assigned area and direct reports.
• Supervise the day-to-day operations of the protocol-related research activity of study and data coordinators to ensure compliance to all standards, policies, and quality measures.
• Coordinate with the Research Management regarding protocol assignments to study and research data coordinators based on a variety of criteria, such as length of experience, complexity of protocol, number of active patients, type of forms which require completion, etc.
• Monitor accuracy compliance by study coordinators and data coordinators by performing QA audits.
• Maintain open communication with physicians and regulatory area to be aware of upcoming protocols.
Administration/Supervision • Oversee activities of clinical trials personnel to provide guidance, correction when needed, and coverage when short-staffed.
• Oversee and participate in the interview and selection process for clinical research personnel in assigned area.
• Provide training and mentoring for new study and data coordinators.
• Participate in management of departmental clinical research activities and assigned personnel, with emphasis on effective utilization of resources. Assist with appropriate workload assignments (staffing model) through regular communication with the Research Management.
• Complete performance evaluations of personnel directly supervised.
• Communicate and administer departmental and institutional policy and procedures for personnel in the clinical research area.
Professional Development • Identify needs and provide training and guidance with regard to the policies and procedures that are related to management and monitoring of patients on clinical trials, as delineated in the department training manual and presented at weekly training meetings.
• Participate in the training and development of personnel in the clinical research area, with emphasis on effective orientation and continuing education.
• Plan, design, and conduct complex staff education and disseminate information by means of the weekly training sessions/presentations and/or written communications. Participate in conducting department training sessions to insure protocol compliance and dissemination of new information and policies.
• Mentor and encourage clinical research staff to develop through participation in professional organizations, serving on committees, attending journal presentations, seminars, or conferences.
Education Required: Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Healthcare Administration or related scientific field.
Experience Required: Six years experience with research studies or direct patient care obtained from nursing, data gathering or related field to include three years in a lead or supervisory capacity. May substitute required education degree with additional years of equivalent experience or completed years of college on a one to one basis.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html