MD Anderson Cancer Center Supv, Physical Therapy-Main Campus in Houston, Texas
The mission of The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public.
• Provide direct supervision of assigned Therapy operations.
• Coordinate and support clinical aspects of care for patients with Therapy needs.
• Plan, coordinate, and organize assigned Therapy services.
• Orient, supervise, coach, mentor, and perform performance evaluations of assigned therapists and assistants
• Render direct patient care when needed.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
People - Accountability in supervision of staff Accountability in Supervision of Staff
• Insure direct report personnel are appropriately selected and oriented.
• Evaluate performance of direct reports using the Institutional Performance Evaluation system within Institutional time frame.
• Holds staff accountable for behavior and performance by providing timely and specific feedback and discipline as appropriate.
Service - Operations Management Operations Management
• Manage day to day staffing levels and distribution of patient load and screens.
• Maintain adequate staffing via management of leave requests, per diem and contract services.
• Plan work activities of the team. Help team effectively rearrange its priorities when conditions change.
• Provide team with necessary resources to perform its task.
• Foster and maintain relationships with all customers to facilitate delivery of patient care across continuum.
Quality-performance improvement and regulatory compliance • Lead, participate in, or mentor a department Performance Improvement Project and/or process improvement activities
• Insure staff compliance with regulatory requirements
• Establish and ensure best practice by teaching, auditing, & mentoring and taking appropriate action as indicated.
Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree from accredited School of Physical Therapy. Four years of experience as a physical therapist. Current license to practice physical therapy in the state of Texas from the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners. Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 129366
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
Work Week: Days, Weekends
Fund Type: Hard
Pivotal Position: No
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 86,000
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 109,500
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 133,000
Science Jobs: No