MD Anderson Cancer Center Web Development Specialist in Houston, Texas
The Web Development Specialist is a Java developer position focused on the institutional web content management system (WCM) and associated projects related to the internal and external websites. This position understands how to deploy, customize and extend the WCM in the institution. Developer participates in all software development lifecycle phases from requirements, architecture, design, and development to administration and enhancement for internal and customer facing products. The Web Development Specialist position is administratively responsible to their team lead, manager, associate director, or director.
Application Development & Support
• Architects and develops extensible and scalable Java-based applications on the Adobe Experience Management (AEM) platform
• Leads large scale AEM implementation projects
• Prepares detailed technical design for various templates, custom components as well as services layer
• Evaluates, recommends and implements content management strategies, solutions, tools and workflows
• Defines best practices to manage performance and scalability of the content management and content delivery solution
• Designing, developing, debugging and maintaining user interface for websites based on functional requirements and scope of work
• Ability to work and thrive in a collaborative development environment following Agile SCRUM
• Coordinates, with customer and departmental management, the identification of all deliverables, sequence of all activities and tasks necessary to complete the project.
• Works directly with customers to develop application requirements and ensure application meets business objectives.
• Provides production support for new release and production deployments of content management system(s)
• Analyzes and tests emerging technologies with an understanding of the applicability to the Institution.
• Considers and researches emerging technologies to improve current applications, architectures and processes.
Technology & Standards
• Ensures that the project deliverables meet all applicable internal and external standards and regulatory requirements; e.g., WCAG 2.1, HIPAA, JCAHO, UT System, FDA, State of Texas, etc.).
• Maintains and expands working knowledge of the technical tools available to implement solutions.
Other duties as assigned
Certification in Adobe Experience Manager or certification in Java.
Five years of experience in web application development with three years in development environments related to that in use by the institution. May substitute require education degree with additional years of equivalent experience on a one to one basis.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 145119
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Hard
Remote Work: Remote (within Texas only)
Pivotal Position: Yes
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 78,800
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 98,500
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 118,200
Science Jobs: No