MD Anderson Cancer Center Imaging Library Representative (League City) in League City, Texas
The mission of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public.
The primary purpose of the Image Library Representative position is to upload and digitize various digital and analog media into the Picture, Archiving and Communication System (PACS) for interpretation, comparison and storage. Access PACS storage, and copy images to CD-ROM, film, etc. Have a working knowledge of procedure modalities and imaging software to extract images from one media to the other.
1. 1. Evaluate and properly format all outside imaging stud ies for clinical use. Has a general understanding of topographical anatomy.
2. 2. Validate and is familiar with all clinical imaging modalities for the proper distribution of studies through Diagnostic Imaging's information systems (e.g. RIS, PACS).
3. 3. Coordinate the appropriate sequencing of all mammography film hanging protocols for radiologist
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary care centers to optimize the urgent and routine flow of patient outside imaging studies.
- Facilitate the delivery and purge of outside imaging studies in accordance with departmental policy.
- Provide direct patient assistance through the release of imaging studies and signed clinical reports.
- Collaborate with MD Anderson's legal department to format and distribute imaging studies for legal firms or subpoenas requesting patient medical information.
- Greet and communicate effectively with patients, family members, faculty, and other staff upon arrival to the Release of Medical Information offices located in the Main hospital and ACB.
- Responsible for the security and confidentiality of patient information at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred Education: Associates Degree or Bachelor's Degree.
Required : none
Preferred Certification : Certified PACS Associate
Required Experience: Three years of PACS, HIM, or general administrative experience.
Preferred Experience: Experience with imaging software and equipment, and has a general understanding of topographical anatomy.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html